Crochet Cable Cushion
You will need 3 x 100g balls of Stylecraft Bellissima dk
- 40cm x 40cm Cushion pad
- 1 x 3.5mm hook
- Needle for sewing in ends
This pattern is written in UK terms.
The stitches that you will need to know for this pattern are:
- Chain: ch
- Half Treble Crochet: htr
- Front Post Treble Crochet: FPTR
- Double Crochet: dc
How to front post treble crochet:
- Yarn over hook
- Insert your hook into the space below, between the current stitch and the next stitch. (the post of the stitch will be in front of your hook)
- Yarn over again. Using your hook pull the yarn back through the spaces.
- You will now have 3 loops on your hook.
- Yarn over, pull the yarn through two loops using your hook. You will now have two loops on your hook
- Yarn over, pull yarn through last two remaining loops.
Tension: 18 sts and 20 rows to 10cm working the pattern with a 3.5mm hook.
To begin using 3.5mm hook chain 75
Row 1: htr in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch2 turn (74 sts)
Row 2: 1 htr in each sts across, ch2 turn (74 sts)
Row 3: 1 htr in the next 2 sts, * FPTR around the next 3 stitches from the row 2 rows below, htr in the next 2 stitches * repeat from * to * htr in the last 3sts, ch 2 turn (74 sts) (14 x rows of cable)
Tip - Count 3 stitches behind the FPTR to ensure that you htr in the correct stitch.
Row 4: 1 htr in each sts across, ch 2 turn (74sts)
Tip - When you reach the FPTR on the previous row make sure that your half trebles are in the stitches from the previous row.
Row 5: *htr in next 2 sts skip next FPTR, work FPTR around the next 2 FPTR from the previous row. Working in front of the 2 FPTR go back and FPTR around the skipped FPTR, skip 3sts * repeat from * to* until you complete the last FPTR, htr in the last 3 sts, ch 2 turn (74sts)
Repeat rows 2 - 5 for 70 rows or until the front measures 38cm. Fasten off and sew in ends.
To begin chain 81
Row 1: dc in 2nd ch from hook and in each sts along, ch1 turn (80sts)
Row 2: dc in each sts along, ch1 turn (80sts)
Repeat row 2 for 80 rows or until the back measures 38cm . Fasten off and sew in ends.
Place the front and back panel together and evenly dc around 3 sides, place the cushion pad inside and dc along the 4th side, fasten off and sew in ends.